Acacia's Ouchie's and Olivia's Prayer

Lucy is always really anxious to get out on a walk (run) as often as she can and was super happy when Olivia, Italia and Acacia decided to take her out today for a little walk. Unfortunately Acacia was not able to withstand Lucy's strength and at some point Acacia couldn't keep up with her and she face planted in the street. Fortunately Acacia is an AWESOME dog owner and didn't even let go of the leash during the tragedy. The first point that I got involved was when Italia ran home and told me Olivia wanted me to get outside because their was an emergency. I ran to the rescue and found Acacia face down screaming and Olivia crying uncontrollably. After scooping Acacia up and heading home Olivia started sharing the story with me and at the end she said something super awesome. She said, "Mom, I am so glad I am a mormon because I prayed and now Acacia isn't hurt that bad." Once we got Acacia's cleaned up I asked Olivia for more info and she said that she was scared because she didn't know how to get Lucy home while carrying Acacia home at the same time so she prayed that Acacia would not be that hurt and that Italia wouldn't take too long getting me. She said she remembered that when we are scared we should hum a hymn and say a prayer.


After a wet rag and a band-aid Acacia is almost as good as new. Ok, almost, she likes to take full advantage of all situations so she kindly insisted on Italia helping her to the bathroom and of course expected Italia to wait for her to help her out. Super funny! 

SO proud of Olivia for thinking to pray while scared. She is a great example!





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts