Grandma Whyte August 11, 1915-November 14, 2008



"To Those I Love"
When I am gone, just release me, let me go - so I can move into my afterglow. You mustn't tie me down with your tears; let's be happy that we had so many years. I gave you my love, you can only guess how much you gave me in happiness. I thank you for the love you each have shown, but now it's time I traveled alone, so grieve for me awhile, if grieve you must, then let your grief be comforted with trust. It's only for awhile that we must part, so bless the memories within your heart. And then, when you must come this way alone, I'll greet you with a smile and a "Welcome Home."







I don't know if my grandma chose the above words for the back of her funeral program but they were there and very fitting for the occasion. It is hard to let go but like she once told me, "It is better to love and lose than to have never have loved at all". So, I am grateful to have had her in my life for so many years and even more so that during the whole time she was healthy and independent. She will always be one of my best examples in this life!!



This photo was taken mid October. Grandma had come down to meet Acacia. I am so glad she was able to see her and that I took the time to snap this photo!!

Comments

  1. I'm sure you (and Acacia) will always treasure this last picture! What a blessing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts