Our backyard



We have waited a long time to pull peaches off our own fruit trees but the time has finally arrived! Acacia's first fresh peaches were also our family's first year of growing them at home.

I would have taken a photo of the beauties but we ate them all! Most of them were eaten over the sink or on the back lawn straight from the tree. I made one pie and froze a few in fruit cocktail for the winter. We only let them grown on one of the trees because the other tree needs more love still but hopefully we will be able to grow them on both trees and that will be beautiful. We also had our first year of grapes which was incredible. In fact it was so great that I didn't take any photos because I ate them too fast. So, my dreams of growing fruit are almost fully realized with our raspberries, strawberries, blackberries, grapes and peaches. I guess we could mention the tomatoes also but the kids would hurl if I categorized them with the "fruits" so we will just leave it at that. I am thrilled with my fruits and enjoying every minute of it.



The little girls are really enjoying our yard this summer. They spend alot of time out there together which is great for everyone. We made a bunch of changes this year. We added a sunshade over the patio which is one of the best things we have ever done!! We have eaten dinner out there every night since we got it. I am looking forward to relaxing out there with some new outdoor furniture next year. We also acid stained the patio area and added a large shed in the corner. When the shed was finished Brian stared at it like it was Christmas morning. Saying he is happy about it would be an understatement. He is thrilled to have somewhere to put all his tools as well as the tools he is going to someday have. Our last big change was selling the swingset and getting a new one. That was not in the plans but we saw one and I mentioned how fun it would be. Brian told me that if I could sell ours for a certain amount of money, we would buy the new one. Of course I am always one to take up a challenge so a few weeks later I listed ours on KSL and within one hour had sold it for $50.00 over the agreed amount of money. So on labor day we labored our guts out and assembled the new "clubhouse". I am glad we did it because it seems to be hit with everyone. I have even tried it out to see if is really as sturdy as it claims to be (it's still standing).



The nights are beginning to cool off a bit now, the other night Italia didn't think it was cold enough to wear her coat but cold enough for the hood of her parka. Even though I love all seasons of the year I am going to miss the summer fun we are now having!

Comments

Popular Posts