It's been 36 hours

We dropped Brian off at the airport 36 hours ago and he still has a few hours to go before he lands in Ethiopia. Crazy! It will be about midnight here when they land (approx 8:00 am local time). Right after he left the kids said a few funny things:

Italia: As we were pulling away from the curb at the airport drop off she said: "Now that Daddy's on his plane are we leaving for Disneyland?"
Ainsley: As we exited the freeway in Lehi when coming home from the airport she said (in her saddest voice), "I miss Daddy already."
Olivia: During our small but wild New Years Eve at home party she said, "I wish Dad was here, it's not more fun without him."

So, Daddy is missed and will surely come home to piles of cards and artwork from Olivia. I think I have helped her with half a dozen masterpieces already.

I started packing my bags today but concluded I need a new suitcase first since the 2 options I pulled out both had broken wheels (why we were saving them is a mystery but no worries because I am in the "de-junking" mood and they are now in the garbage). Packing will have to wait until tomorrow which is fine because the laundry is waiting for me anyway :)

Comments

Popular Posts