Africa and back again




The last month seems like a dream. At the time it seemed as real as can be but now I can't believe it happened at all. I will post a few of our experiences from Ethiopia and Uganda over the next several days. I loved both countries and had many wonderful experiences with many new friends throughout the 3 weeks I was there.


One of the first things we did when I got to Ethiopia was go to a school called Sinai Academy. It is probably the only time I will feel like a movie star. Not to talk us up or anything but they LOVED US! The children were beautiful and absolutely wonderful. Isaac's class had put school kits, friendship bracelets and letters together for us to take the 4th grade. We had so much fun teaching them songs, reading them stories and hanging out with them. The pre-school children also sang us some Christmas songs that they had learned. We visited the 4th grade, 5th grade and Brian spent time with the first graders. I also spent a few minutes with the 14 year old girls who have a "girls group". I told them a little about teen life in America (what I can remember at least) and they asked me questions like what I thought about gossip and what I think is important for girls to remember. It was interesting to watch and listen to them and the issues they are facing (which are very different yet very similar to U.S. teen issues).

Comments

  1. What an amazing opportunity! I look forward to reading more about your trip!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts