Our Auction Winner

At the expo this time around the attendees were able to bid on auction baskets from some of the different vendors. Isaac approached me at one point on Friday and asked how the auction worked. I explained and off I went. A few hours later Isaac enthusiastically told me he was currently the top bidder on the BYU basket with a high bid of $105.00. What?? He was supposed to be "door watching" not bidding on baskets! I felt confident he would be outbid so I thanked him for supporting the vendors but to get back to work because he wasn't spending his earnings on a basket. He did get outbid by Saturday but his competitive side couldn't take it so he bid again. This time we had a longer chat and concluded he should spend his money on something else. We told him to cross out his bid which he did but when it came time to announce the winner the highest bidder did not come forward so Brian went to the next name on the list and there he was, Isaac at $105.00. He was thrilled to be the winner.




The basket is really cute and the gumball machine has been a hit. We speedily emptied the gumballs (I am anti gum) and filled it with jelly bellys. Currently we are handing out quarters to our good citizen children as their behavior warrants and they can use the money for a handful of beans. The basket also included a BYU purse and sweatshirt that I have received as early mother's day gifts. It seems like there should have been some lesson learned or something. I thought Isaac would have some buyers remorse about the $100 but he hasn't. So the lesson I have learned is that my boy is a true blue BYU fan and it is good for him to have experiences and create memories!

Comments

Popular Posts