I Love to See the Temple




On Wednesday night, Ainsley and Olivia had the opportunity to sing in a Youth Fireside with Brian, his Dad and 2 other relatives. The fireside was based around being prepared to enter the temple and included songs, stories, testimonies and talks. The girls sang the first musical number "I Love to See the Temple." They have been practicing and preparing for about 6 months. I was so proud of them. They looked beautiful in their dresses and they both did a great job singing.



On our way to the church, Olivia asked if they would each have their own dressing room or if they would have to share. I let her know that the classrooms at this church were good size so it would be all right to share. She loves to perform for others and they are both turning out to be very talented girls (I wouldn't have done this at their age, or now for that matter). Afterwards, Olivia told me she had nervousness in her stomach but I couldn't see it and I must add, it certainly didn't show. It was a beautiful glimpse into the future to see their faces radiate in the white baptism dresses they borrowed from girls in our ward. I am in no hurry for the next time they dress in white but I am grateful I was able to see them twirl around and talk about what kind of baptism dresses they will wear on their big day.



These two girls are real characters! Every time I take their picture they are very cooperative as long as they can do silly stuff together before we finish. So, Wednesday night was no exception and I seem to have more silly photos than anything else. O'well have fun!!

Comments

  1. they looked so pretty! Is that the trend in Utah? Do girls wear pretty white dresses for baptism? Everyone just wears those polyester jumpsuits here. If I ever get a girl, I may break tradition though, because your girls looked lovely! :) Good for Olivia for working right through her nervousness! Any splotches of red on her neck after performing? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so darling.....they are looking so much older too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful girls. Inside and out. Good to see that they are following in their daddy's footsteps in the singing world. Brian doesn't know this yet, but I told Brendan to make sure that he gets him to sing at my funeral someday :) Weird, I know, but I love Brian's singing voice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts