My awesome kids...



My kids are much more academically inclined than I ever was! Not that I wasn't smart, just not interested. Now that I am a MOM, it is pretty satisfying to watch them set a goal, work hard and accomplish their dreams. Actually, let's get real, I really like winning too! I am just way too competitive for my own good! With that said, I was pretty pumped last month when Ainsley won 1st place in the first grade and 1st place overall (1st-4th grade) for her science fair project. Don't ask her to tell you about her experiment because she has no idea what she did, but I promise she did participate and we did a fun experiment on surface tension. She was really excited to get some cool ribbons and to take her project to school.

Ainsley also had another big accomplishment in February, she finally lost her 4th tooth which means she is toothless on top. She wanted this to happen in time for Christmas so it is a little late but she has finally arrived. Brian teased her a little when he pulled it out. He led her on for a few minutes making her think the worst pain was yet to come when really the tooth was already out of her mouth. She survived the situation and loves telling me about all the foods she can't eat until she gets her new teeth.


Not to be outdone, Isaac received a "superior" at the Federation Music Festival which was what he was hoping for and then went on to participate in the District Knowledge Bowl last Saturday. I try not to be an overbearing Mom but my competitive nature is hard to hide at these type of events. Some of the rounds were really stressful and I had to bite my tongue a few times so I didn't yell out the answer. Isaac and his teammates worked really hard to learn everything you could ever need to know about the Humanities(and many things that you will never need to know) and took that information into a Jeopardy like contest against other schools in our district. They placed in the top 10 overall and in the top 5 in their morning group. It was so much fun that after a short break I will be ready to work on geography which is next year's theme. Hopefully Isaac is on board too. Way to go Isaac and Ainsley! I know you can both do anything that you decide you want to do!!!

Comments

  1. Way to go guys! It is so much fun to see your kids acheive their goals. You would make a great pageant mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's awesome! You have a great family! (Can you believe that we are moms?!!?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Who knew your kids had so much going on! I'm glad Clayton is not reading over my shoulder because he still has not lost his second top tooth and it's starting to really bug him. Hopefully we'll be toothless at my house soon too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts