A whole other World


For the last few weeks when I have had my kids take groceries down to the storage room they have left the bags in the family room and the bags are now piling up. I finally realized that this was happening because nobody dared to enter the storage room for fear that they would either break their leg or never find their way back out. So, on Saturday I decided something needed to be done. I began cleaning and organizing the shelves and decided I knew where to put the blame for this problem....Last September I decided to join the world of couponing (and believe me, it is a whole different world). I had no idea the problems this would solve and the problems it would create. So, here are the pros and cons of couponing:
PROS:
I have more food than shelf space (this could also be a con)
I am way under budget on groceries
We eat many food items that were either free or under .20 cents
I never have to wonder what to make for dinner because there are so many choices
I never hear "There is nothing to eat around here!"
I used to avoid the topic of food storage like the plague, now I am fairly excited about it (couponing and food storage are synonyms)

CONS:
It takes me forever to decide what to make for dinner because there are so many choices
If I go to the grocery store I have to plan time to re-organize my shelves to fit it all in once I get back
I am addicted to this hobby (I think it is mostly healthy though)

So, I spent my alone time on Saturday in the storage room thinking about my new couponing skills. I am determined to never letting my storage room look that bad again and I am almost determined to avoid the grocery store until there is clearly an empty spot on the shelves. So to any of you reading this, if I tell you I am going grocery shopping, remind me I probably should be home doing something else!!!




Comments

  1. You go girl! Can I come over for dinner?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Impressive! I need to get back into couponing. It was nice - but we got so sick of muffins from one adventure that I scared myself away. But alas, perhaps now is the time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How come I just can't seem to get the hang of it. I'm so intimidated by the time it takes to coupon. I want to do it, but I don't. Your storage room looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wish i still lived across the street. i would let you get your coupon fix by doing my shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That's a lot of food - how awesome! Apparently I need a lesson on how to coupon properly, because I don't seem to get almost free food that often. Wanna come teach me your tips? :0)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts