Oh my couponing!


A little while ago while I was supposed to be putting the kids to bed, I hid in my computer room for a few minutes. I'm so glad I did because I was laughing myself silly.

So, to the beginning. The first (and only) blog I checked out while hiding was Leslie's. She had posted about her new world or couponing (WELCOME). I am so glad she has joined us other psycho's in our other world because it is a good place to be. She posted a photo of all her goods. They were beautifully displayed on her kitchen table in an organized and loving fashion. Nothing at my house ever looks like that. It reminded me of my recent trip to Smith's. Ok, so it's been a week and all 40 boxes of Oatmeal are still on my storage room floor. It seems we are even choosing breakfast out of them. Let me just say that I spent about $14.00 for my 40 boxes of Oatmeal and have 4 free movie passes to go along with it. I LOVE IT!! My kids better not decide to stop eating Oatmeal. Anyway, now for the truly good stuff. Leslie shared a satire post from Seriously So Blessed. Funny how her silly post rings true at my house. I guess I am just one crazy couponing chic, which is fine by me. Here it is:
the best.
couponing.
of.
my.
life.

"I'm so addicted! I don't know if I told you this but I get 20-30 copies of the Sunday paper JUST for the inserts bc I'm a hardcore couponer!!!

Let me clairify: its definately NOT bc we're poor {we're so not}, just for a fun way to save $ AND look thrifty AND compete w/ freinds.

So since its Glamma and Queenie's last day here, at 6 AM this morning, I went to Smith's/Albertson's/Walgreens & elbowed like forty other coupon chicks outta my way so I could rock the double coupon day and double up on my catalinas and manufacturers and $1 offs and check out everything I halled home!

60 boxes of cereal
36 diet pringles
100 crystal light mixes
lifetime supply of kotex {not shown, gross!}
more toilet paper than the whole state will ever use
Lysol wipes galore
mini rice cakes
tons of eggs for JJWTs protein shakes
bumload of juice boxes
cookies {for ruth}
mandarin oranges
...name something else....
...I'll wait while you think of it...
yes! I also got 100 of those, too!


Ok so it took me 43 transactions and three different checkers. Firstly I went to some grumpy old lady who kepp reading fine print {whatever!} so I finally switched lanes to this zitty teen who was way busy checking out my hot self so just scanned whatever I gave him, lol. THEN I finished up at the self check out.

Price before coupons...$530.56.
Price AFTER coupons? $4.47!

i saved $526.09, or something. And when my $10 rebate comes in the mail I will of MADE $5! Yay!"


Well friends! Happy couponing. I hope you laughed as hard as I did!

Comments

  1. This is SO very funny!! I have started couponing as well!! I love it! Mine is not neatly organized in a loving way...but at least its not on the FLOOR!!!! Just havin' fun with ya!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts