Women's Conference




For years I have wanted to go to Women's Conference but never have been able to go between being 9 months pregnant, 2 months pregnant and throwing up or home with a newborn. None of that this year, so off I went!! It was SO great. It was fun to be together with Daphne and Sariah (my wonderful and dear friends). We went to the opening meetings together each day then separated for the day to make sure we were able to enjoy the classes that were best for us. Then in the afternoon we met again for the closing meetings. The service projects were especially enjoyable. Each of us hand sewed 6 mini hearts for rest homes throughout the 2 days and on Thursday morning I went to a class where we were able to sit in the back during the speaker and put together beautiful memory boxes to be given to birth mother's in the hospital after losing a child during child birth. That was a neat experience. When I got there there was an empty table and by the time I left an hour later there were dozens of decorated boxes lining the hall. I am always amazed at what can be accomplished when a group of people put their hearts, hands and heads together to make something happen.

Another favorite part of Women's Conference for me was the Thursday night concert. It was not at all what I expected. I had figured it would be full of traditional women's church songs but it was alot less traditional than I had thought it would be. It was a ton of fun! The performers included Mercy River, Michael Mclean, Alex Boye, and Hilary Weeks.

One of the best parts is that when I came home I got a warm welcome back from my family. We definitely missed each other but they made good use of the time by cleaning the laundry room for me (now I can cross it off my to do list). They even welcomed me home with a caramello bar (one of my favs), balloons, flowers and a "welcome home" sign it Italian. They are so awesome!!

I really loved the experience and hope I can remember and apply the thoughts I had while there in my life and hope to go back again!!

Comments

  1. Womens Conference is so wonderful! Sometimes it isn't what we hear that helps us it is the feelings we had while we are there. I can't remember words, I remember feelings. And, I love the humanitarian efforts as well. Many hands makes jobs small! Glad you got to go! Your kids are growing up...your son looks like Brian, and your girls look just like you! Amazing how that happens.....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts