The Last Day


Late Saturday night after the Trick-or-Treating the boys had their last few hours on the Wii. They had a great time playing Super Mario. Sunday morning we dragged Tomoki out of bed again, this time for church. His family is not religious so 3 hours was quite a long time for him but he said it was nice and hopefully someday when he meets the missionaries his experiences here will open up his door.

I should have taken some photos of Sunday afternoon but I didn't think about it. We taught Tomoki some American games including Checkers and Sequence. Again we were having beautiful weather so the kids went outside and recruited Tomoki and Isaac to give them "piggy back" rides around the yard. Tomoki has been a great sport with the girls. Always willing to do what they want. Nate served his mission in Japan so we had Nate, Nicole and Ella over for a Turkey dinner that night.

The sit down dinner was a nice change after a week of 2 pizza dinners, ham sandwiches, hamburgers and Macaroni and Cheese. I think the Mac and Cheese was the only meal that Tomoki found questionable. I am going to consider that a success.




All the kids said their goodbyes before going to bed. Ainsley headed to her room for a good cry. After talking with Brian she went upstairs to let Tomoki know how much she was going to miss him. She ended up putting it bluntly with "Tomoki, (sniff, sniff) I am going to miss you!" Before she even got the last word out she was already halfway down the hall crying. Early Monday morning I was up to make sure he was ready to go for his 6:15 pick up. I had developed the pictures from the week and through a quick 6X6 album together. It ended up pretty cute I thought. Of course I had a printer malfunction on my last photo at about 5:45 am and put Brian to work on it. I don't know why there always has to be a hiccup in my organized last minute plans. He finally got the "techie" situation under control just as Tomoki's ride pulled up. We got the last photo in the album and got it tucked in Tomoki's suitcase just in time. His ride only had to wait 5 minutes. I think his family will enjoy seeing how his week in Utah was spent. I must admit, I shed a few tears as his ride pulled away. It was a super fun week. I loved watching the kids communicate without words, just old-fashion fun! Tomoki was a nice kid and hopefully he left America with some great stories to share about this crazy family of 7!

Comments

Popular Posts