Manti Pageant


Last week we took a short camping trip to Manti/Mt. Pleasant for the pageant and some relaxation. Camping is one of my FAVORITE things to do so it was very fun! The campground had craft time the first morning so each of the kids made a fun craft (shown in the photo) and had fun swimming, playing games, and just being outside. This was the first time our kids had gone to the Manti pageant. They liked everything about it except the 45 degree temperature we endured during the show. At one point Italia had fallen asleep in my arms and I had her wrapped up in a blanket so just her little face was poking out. Her cheeks were red and cold and I was freezing in a sweatshirt, jeans and flip flops, but for just a moment I felt the pioneer spirit and I more fully appreciated the efforts and felt the pains (it was really a cramp going down my leg) of my pioneer ancestors and how they must have felt looking at their innocent, sweet children and trying to keep them warm and safe. I love those moments where you are able to experience just a small glimpse of what somebody else has felt and can better appreciate their experiences. Over all we had a great time and I am ready to pack the trailer up and head out again!!

Comments

  1. Oh..so you were down in our stomping grounds hu?? You know, I was in the pagent for about 5 years, I should have preped you on what parts I played so you could watch for them-hahaha. I'm glad you had fun, I wish we were there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. what camp ground did you stay at in Mt.? (that's short for Mt. Pleasant, used by us locals-I'm pretty funny!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the pageant but haven't been in a long time. Is it over? Italia is such a beautiful name! Your kids look so grown up and so cute. It was good to hear from Brian the other day wishing Talmage a happy birthday!

    mymonkeysonthebed.blogspot.com

    Heath

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know why but your blog won't let me comment under my blogger identity. Every time I try to it denies me. I ended up trying to do it anonymously and it worked. Maybe you have to invite me or something. Oh well, if you don't figure it out I'll just keep commenting as "anonymous". Take care.

    Heath

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun! We are heading out this afternoon to attend the pageant tonight! I'm really glad you enjoyed the pioneer spirit of the cold. I enjoyed reading this so I can pack warm and NOT have to experience it - ha ha! Glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts