Wednesday with Tomoki



By Wednesday morning Tomoki was having a pretty hard time getting up but he managed. The good news of the morning was he was mesmerized when he saw the 3 inches of snow on our ground. The bad news is that the students were spending the day working on a farm. I tried to tell him to take warm clothes because it was going to be cold. He wasn't understanding me then finally he got it and said "Oh Fretto". I was pretty jazzed at that point because freddo means cold in Italian. If I only knew my 2nd language could help me in this situation.









After class I explained we were going to Classic Skating for a Halloween party (it was a ward party but I left the "ward" part out). He seemed a little hesitant when I suggested he wear a Halloween costume but once I showed him the options he was good to go. He wore portions of Isaac's jedi costume and since Star Wars is universal, it was a good thing. He never did skate at Classic but I think it was an absolute hit. He loved the bounce zone and laser tag. Better yet, he was super great helping Italia and Acacia go up and down the slides. I meant to get home at an early hour but instead we got at Classic right as the party started and left at the very end. For dinner we introduced him to American pizza. Either he loved it or he is excellent at hiding his disgust for food.

Comments

Popular Posts