Halloween - American Style






Saturday was the day we had all been waiting for - Halloween Fun!! Isaac was down at a Pow Wow at BYU in the morning so we spent our time carving pumpkins. This was a treat. Tomoki was a little concerned about putting his fingers down the middle of the pumpkin and pulling out the squishy mess. I ended up doing most of it. In the end we had 3 incredible Jack-o-Lanterns.





Next on the agenda, Trafalga's. Thanks to the incredible weather we enjoyed Batting cages, Slick track, mini golf and video games. I thought we would spend a few hours on this but we ended up staying until around 4. I was planning on making a fun homemade dinner but smartly decided to keep it "American" and stopped for pizza before cruising home. By this point the rain was starting to come down. I was getting a little worried that there would be no trick or treating.

We decided to brave the weather, knowing it could be much worse and headed out. I tried to explain the plan to Tomoki, I am pretty sure he understood exactly what I was saying but he wasn't really believing we would be asking for candy at the surrounding houses. So, off he went with Isaac and Ainsley. They ran the course for about 1 1/2 hours before coming home all worn out. I think Tomoki wanted to do more but was too tired. After spending 5 days with our family he was smart enough to go directly to his room with his candy and hide it in his suitcase. Hopefully at least some of it made the trek home to his little brother.

Comments

Popular Posts