February Doll Group



Olivia and I were in charge of doll group in February and this was my first attempt at sewing doll clothes. I must say, they are now my favorite things to sew. I like to get finished results fast! I hate working on projects that have so many steps that I can't get immediate gratification so this was a perfect project for myself. I whipped out 4 skirts and tops in 2 days and was pretty happy with the results. I did get stuck on the top because I couldn't figure out the basting part which was probably because I skipped the part on the instructions where it said to cut a piece of fabric out on the selvage. But once I got some help from my reliable "sewing tutor" and then googled "selvage" again from home to make sure I was doing it right, I was back on track and going strong. For a craft we also made composition notebook journal purses which were a big hit. Once we were done, the girls flung their purses over their shoulders and put their dolls on their hips and headed downstairs to whip up some make believe. Unfortunately I forgot to take pictures until after Dakota left, I will do better next time.

Comments

Popular Posts