Olivia's St. Patrick's Day


About a week ago at school Olivia's teacher told the kids that they need to watch for Leprechauns because they are all over the place. So, Olivia and her friend Dakota have been talking nonstop about these imaginary little guys with all the details included. So, She put me to work to catch one, with which I have failed so she continually been imagining and wondering what this little guy (who she lovingly named Goldie) is up to around our house. So, since her "Leprechaun Trap" hasn't worked I decided to play up their creation. I left 4 shamrock clues on our doorstep and on Dakota's doorstep. At the end of the trail they each found a bag of mints (that is what they said Leprechauns leave) and a green powerade. They were both thrilled! So the luck of the irish came our way and Olivia now thinks St. Patrick's Day is awesome!!

Olivia is our queen of creativity and drama. In fact a few weeks ago for her "talent" at Family Home Evening, she sang a song that she had written herself. It was pretty cute. So, a few days ago she performed for me a musical that she wrote. Mostly it was her acting out the part of a princess locked in a tower waiting for a prince to rescue her. The scene was set up through a song that she was singing which was mostly a narration set to a tune. So as she was singing she sang, "but the prince could not rescue the beautiful princess because the spell she was under was so................ spelly. It was so funny. I rarely see her at a loss for words but she was. Fortunately she was able to figure out what kind of spell it really was - spelly??. I am not familiar with that kind but I am not a princess locked in a castle either! Anyway, Olivia is a CUTIE and I love her!

Comments

Popular Posts