So Much Hair!

 


On our second to last day in Uganda we decided to have a cultural experience. Cathy got braids and I got extensions and braids. At first I felt really weird. It would have been faster to just tie a brick to my head and call it good. But by the next day it felt pretty normal. I couldn't stand having any of it in my face because of the itch it gave me so as long as it wasn't touching any skin I really liked it.

We figured the kids would think it was really awesome, which they did all except for Acacia who was pretty concerned at first. When she saw me at the airport she gave me one of her signature scuzzes with a slight hint of curiousity glimmering from the corner of her eyes. But, by the end of the evening we were friends again. The braids can stay in for about 3 months but only if you acutallly have hair for the extensions to hang on to, which I really don't. So after about 2 weeks a few had fallen out and it was looking a bit rough so Brian and I got ourselves comfortable for the process of removing the hair. It wasn't too bad, it only took about 1 1/2 hours and minimal neck cramps to remove it. I was left with more body than my thin, flat hair had ever seen!! I looked pretty goofy and when I woke up the next morning it was just as crazy. The kids got another laugh.

Anyway, it was alot of fun and I didn't miss combing my hair for one minute!!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. Hahaha.... that makes me laugh. Everyone is always wishing they had a little more volume.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! You looked good in those!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts