More about the Hair



I forgot in my previous post to give the details on "hair salons" in Uganda. We got our hair done in Entebbe Uganda in a salon called Anne's Salon. They had some ok electricity but no running water. The water was gathered from a well into a big yellow jug. To wash my hair they put some water into a teapot and heated it up. Once it was hot she added some room temperature water to get it comfortable then after shampooing my hair I leaned back into sink type thing and she used a cup to pour the rinse water over my head. Then I cozied myself up for the 6 hour experience. The chair was pretty uncomfortable and offered little back support so but I tried to not feel bad for myself since my stylist only took one short stretching break during the whole thing. Brian delivered us soda's towards the beginning but I felt guilty so I didn't ask for anything else. I went through all the reading material available. Mostly there were old local newspapers and a few international magazines. I thoroughly enjoyed reading a copy of People Magazine from 2004. That was pretty interesting! My braids plus 3 bags of hair for the extensions cost the equivalent of $15.00 (30,000 shillings) and another .75 cents to wash my hair. I was feeling like we were robbing them blind for 6 hours of labor but at the end my stylist very graciously thanked us for the business and for bringing her money.

Comments

  1. I love it! You're a trooper...I don't know if I could handle having someone pull on my hair for 6 hours.... it looks great though!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts