The Circle of Life





Italia had seen a commercial advertising a butterfly garden on TV a number of times and every time it came on she would pause the TV and come get me so I could see it and know what she wanted. We ordered it and gave it to her for her Birthday. It was an absolute hit. The only hiccups with it have been caused by user error (on my part) but I don't think Italia has noticed. First the caterpillars arrived then about 10 days later they began the process of changing into butterflys. Everything went smooth until I neglected to feed our 5 baby butterfly's. 2 of them were unable to handle my starve-fest but the other 3 survived. When it was time to let them go we opened up their home and watched them fly away. Ok, only one of them fly away (on account of the near starvation). We had to sat the other 2 on leaves in the garden but either way the kids loved the experience and they were the best pets ever. I am planning on doing it again and being a more responsible pet owner this time around.

Comments

Popular Posts