Africa-Here we come!!

I really thought this week would never come!! Christmas is supposed to take forever and never come! I guess I am not 5 anymore, it did come and it is now gone. Now, I am looking forward to the next chapter in my book. For the first time since Brian and I met, we will be spending New Years Eve apart. I will be at home having a Rockin Party with the kids and he (and Cathy, his sister) will be flying over the Atlantic Ocean on their way to Ethiopia. Crazy!! 8 days from now I will be heading out to join up with them.

I used to classify myself as adventurous and fairly spontaneous but I have learned that age and 5 kids has really pushed those qualities right out of me. 11 years ago I would have jumped on an airplane in a sprint for an adventure like this but instead I will be going with a walk, still really excited for the experiences and opportunities but sad to be leaving my sweet babies behind.

We will spend time in Ethiopia and Uganda and will be working in both countries in villages through an organization called Village of Hope. You can see more about it on their website (http://www.villageofhope-ethiopia.org/index.php). Brian designed the site and continues to maintain it for them. I am looking forward to actually being part of what this organization is all about.

We will also visit some schools, an orphanage, the equator and more. Stay tuned, I plan on posting on here pretty regularly while we are gone.

Comments

Popular Posts