Our Christmas Tradition


A few years ago Brian told me that growing up his Mom would take each child out to dinner and Christmas shopping during the month of December. He had really fond memories of those alone times with his Mom and suggested that we start that tradition in our family. He didn't have to ask twice, my first thought was, "that is 5 times during December that I don't have to make dinner". Ha Ha, above and beyond that, I have really loved this tradition. It really takes planning to get each of them a night out (sometimes it is a Saturday afternoon out) but it is well worth the effort. In the past I have just taken the 3 older kids out but this year I had a night with Italia too. She was my first date of the season. We hit McDonald's and Shopko before going downtown and walking around Gateway. I don't remember going down there with her before so that was fun to let her see the fountains and the lights.

Comments

Popular Posts