Christmas 2009

 

Christmas 2009 was another Christmas of blessings and fun memories!! Watching these kids open their gifts and seeing their excitement is priceless. The memories of Christmas 09 that will stick with me are first, I finally made a few gifts for my children. Every year I think I am going to make something for each of them and every year...I don't. But this year it finally happened. I made Ainsley, Ainsley's doll and Olivia aprons (which turned out really cute I must say) and Brian and I made 2 sets of bunk beds for their American Girl dolls along with bedding. The girls had been asking for doll beds for a while so I figured we could make something just as good or better than what we could find in the stores (and save money at the same time). I must say, our handywork is extremely sturdy. They can also substitute for beds for Italia and Acacia in case theirs are out of commission for some reason. The second memory goes hand in hand with the first, it is sewing. I think I sewed more in the month of December than I have sewed my whole life! In fact I was getting a little bored of it so I moved my machine into the family room and watched Christmas movies late at night while I sewed. That was enjoyable and fun for me. During my late nights I also thought of a few more gifts I could sew for my children so hopefully I will start sewing before December next year so I can take the month off. Thanks to Samantha for the very cute fabric. That was one of Ainsley's first comments, she loved the fabric.
 

Another fun part of Christmas was wrapping up a few items we already had around the house and passing them on to new owners. It started because Olivia has moved out of Ainsley's room which means she had to give up the Hello Kitty CD player that they shared. She missed having music in her room and was asking for a new CD player. So, we decided to rotate things a little bit. Brian is thinking of getting an I Phone this year or an Itouch to replace his Ipod classic so we wrapped up his Ipod and gave it to Isaac. Isaac had an Ipod Nano (with less features than the classic) so we took that and wrapped it up for Ainsley who has been wanting an Ipod. Then, last but not least I made Olivia a few CD's of her favorite tunes and wrapped them up for her to go along with the Hello Kitty boombox that she could freely take from Ainsley's room to have as her own. Everyone is as happy as can be with their new items. It worked so well that I don't think this will be the last time that things rotate around our house.

I am so grateful for the Holiday season. We made fun and long lasting memories as a family this past month spending time together, playing together and working together. I have awesome kids and an incredible husband. I couldn't ask for anything more in my life. Christmas is such a unique time of the year. I love the spirit in the air, the mood that surrounds everyone and the sights, smells and sounds of the Holiday. I am grateful for my Savior who came into this world and continues to teach me how to give and how to receive. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Posted by Picasa

Comments

  1. So glad the girls liked the fabric and their aprons...this makes me so incredibly happy to see my fabric get used and be loved. The aprons turned out so cute! Sydney loves her apron too...it slipped out of the bag before Christmas though...oops...I think I was too excited about it. It's so much better to share, than to have 30 bolts of fabric sitting in my basement not getting used up. Thanks so much for making creations with my designs.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts